We present an original 1942 Gibson J-45 Banner in exceptional condition. Made in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
This flat-top sounds and plays unbelievable good. The FON 7115H is the earliest known batch of J-45 guitars that Gibson ever built. So this is one of the first Gibson J-45 that left Michigan Kalamazoo factory. The mahogany neck is a full, rounded neck profile with an adjustable truss-rod. The fingerboard has a beautiful dark rosewood. Mahogany back and sides and a beautiful Adirondack top. The original finish is a lovely & early 1940’s style wide Sunburst finish with soft gradation.
The strong neck shows beautiful play-wear spots and few nicks and dings and other cosmetic wear. Overall the original finish is in stunning condition with gorgeous finish checking. The original open-back tuners is in perfect working order and turning great. This incredible sounding Gibson J-45 Banner is amazing with its richness of its sound.
Comes with a newer hardshell case.
Repair that has been done by a professional Luthier.
- Original small Gibson bridge has been replaced with a new one. The original bridge is included.
- Neck reset, so it has the perfect action and the best playability you can get.
- New frets, new bone nut, new bone saddle with antique acoustics bridge pins.
- New tuner buttons is added on the original tuners.
- One small crack repair on the back lower bout.