A Recreation of the Legend’s 1967 SG Custom.
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson’s legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
Jimi Hendrix is widely regarded as the most innovative guitarist of the rock era. This limited edition Gibson Custom Shop 1967 SG™ Custom accurately replicates the right-handed guitar (strung lefty) that Hendrix played on The Dick Cavett Show on September 9, 1969 – one of Jimi’s rare television interviews and performances. This SG Custom features a Murphy Lab Aged Polaris White finish and aged gold hardware. Only 150 guitars will be created as part of this very special run, hand-made by the expert luthiers and craftspeople of the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
Jimi Hendrix™ 1967 SG Custom Specifications.
Gibson Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix 1967 SG Custom Aged Polaris White.
This is the very collectible and soon to be rare Gibson Jimi Hendrix ’67 SG Custom, accurately replicating the guitar which Jimi played on the Dick Cavett Show on September 9th, 1969! This is a right-handed instrument strung righty, though Jimi played his strung for his left-handed playing. The guitar features an Aged Polaris White finish aged by the new Murphy Lab, three ’68 Custom Humbuckers, witch hat knobs, and period-correct long Maestro vibrola with waffle back tuners! Only 150 of this incredible instrument are available worldwide.
Includes: Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity, Hendrix™-branded Truss Rod Cover, Certificate of Authenticity, 5 Hendrix™ picks, limited edition 5″x7″ archival print of Jimi Hendrix courtesy of Kramer Archives, signed by engineer/producer Eddie Kramer
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Murphy Lab Aged Polaris White Finish
- Solid Mahogany Body
- 60s SlimTaper Mahogany Neck with Long Tenon
- Ebony Fretboard with Mother of Pearl Split Diamond Inlays
- 24.75″ Scale Length
- 1.687” Nut Width (Nylon Nut)
- 22 Reissue Size Frets
- ’68 Custom Humbucker Pickups, 2 Volume, 2 Tone; 500k CTS Potentiometers, Ceramic Capacitor
- ABR-1 Bridge with Nylon Saddles, Long Maestro Vibrola
- Kluson Waffle Back, Metal Tulip Buttons Tuners
- Aged Gold Hardware
- 7 lbs, 12 oz.
- .840” Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
- .950” Neck Thickness at 12th Fret Call or e-mail for more details