We present a beautiful and very rare Gibson Custom Shop Randy Rhoads 1974 Les Paul Custom Aged from in White from 2010.
The condition is Excellent and the guitar is all original.
Gibson wrote back in 2010 about this guitar:
With a legion of fans still worshiping his unparalleled shredding abilities 28 years after his blazing career was cut short, Randy Rhoads is firmly established as one of the brightest stars in the metal-guitar heavens. After forming Quiet Riot while still in his teens, Rhoads stepped up his game when Ozzy Osbourne asked him to audition for his own band in 1979. Along came Rhoads, a practice amp in one hand, and his beloved 1974 Les Paul Custom in the other – and before the young guitarist had even finished his warm-up licks, Osbourne told him “you’ve got the gig.” What followed was an amazing ascent, but a too-swift ending, which earned Randy Rhoads a unique place in rock history. To honor this achievement, Gibson Custom is releasing the Randy Rhoads 1974 Les Paul Custom, an instrument crafted in the image of Rhoads’ own much-loved, much-played instrument, and limited to only 100 hand-aged and 200 VOS guitars.
- 3-piece plain maple top
- 3-piece mah/maple/mah back
- Multi-ply white/black binding on top, back and peghead
- 1-piece mahogany neck
- Small D Rhoads profile w/volute
- Fiber headstock veneer w/mother of pearl split-diamond inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- 22 frets
- Pearl block inlays
- Single-ply white binding on neck
- 24 ¾” scale length, 1.710 nut width
- Schaller M6 tuners
- Tune-o-matic (ABR-1) bridge
- Stop bar tailpiece
- Schaller strap locks
- Super ’74 pickups
- Gold speed knobs w/dial pointers
- Randy Rhoads White finish
- Special Certificate of Authenticity