The Morgan Amplification PR12 1×12 Twilight
The Morgan PR12 is based around the small American 12W combo from the 60’s. It has been updated with a bigger power supply and tightened low end and utilizes a 12” Greenback celestion. This amp incorporates all of the mods I have been asked to do on those old 60s american amps to make them more usable for live performances.
The PR12 starts with the classic black face tone and then beefs up the low end by giving the power supply of the amp more juice so that it doesn’t fart out like the originals. The reverb has also been modified to add a Dwell control. The Dwell control allows you to control the amount of decay in your reverb. This allows you to have a very high reverb mix without washing out your guitar tone. The bass and treble controls interact with each other to give you a wide range of tones. The cabinet is a specially designed fix baffle cab. The fixed baffle design allows the entire cab to resonate with the speaker giving it a much larger sound for such a small box. As with all Morgan Amps the PR12 LOVES pedals and works well with any pedalboard.
The PR12 is small footprint grab and go combo that will cut through any mix and is loud enough to get over drummer.
- Based on a small American 12W Combo from the 60s but with a larger power supply and tightened low-end
- Classic ‘Black Face’ tone without it farting out at higher gain as with the originals
- Cuts through the mix and is loud enough to stand next to the drummer
- Super with pedals
- Channels: 1
- Power: 12 watts
- Preamp tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power tubes: 2 x 6V6
- Equipped with: 1 x 12″ Celestion G12H Greenback Speakers
- Housing construction: open
- Controls: Volume – Treble – Bass – Reverb – Dwell
- Switch: Power – Standby
- Effects: Reverb
- Connections: Input (6.3 mm jack)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 457 x 254 x 527 mm
- Weight: 17.2 kg
- Color: Twilight
- Made in USA