Shure SM7dB – Vocal Microphone with Active Preamp
Vocal Microphone with active Preamp
A highly Versatile microphone with built-in preamp for unrivaled audio reproduction in close-proximity vocal applications.
The SM7dB is a dynamic vocal microphone with built-in preamp providing up to +28 dB of low-noise, flat, transparent gain ideal for almost any interface and simplified audio chains.
- Selectable preamp boost of either +18dB or +28dB of extra gain
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Preamp bypass switch deactivates the preamp to revert to original SM7B performance
- Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) EQ controls
- Superior rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Dynamic speech and recording microphone with integrated preamplifier
- Frequency range: 50 – 20,000 Hz
- dBSensitivity: -59.0 dB (1.12 mV)
- Bass roll-off switch
- Mid-Boost switch
- Nominal impedance: 150 Ohm
- Shielding against electromagnetic interference
- Swivel mount
- XLR connection
- Dimensions (L x W x D): 190 x 64 x 96 mm
- Weight: 837 g
- 1 SM7dB
- 1 Close-Talk Windscreen
- 1 3/8” Thread Adapter
Still the first choice for voice, just louder:
The SM7dB delivers the legendary smooth, warm vocals of the original SM7B, with the convenience of an integrated preamp offering up to +28dB of adjustable gain. In a sleek, all-black design, it’s the perfect dynamic microphone for big-time broadcasting. professional podcasts or critical studio recordings.
Integrated studio-quality preamp
The built-in custom designed active preamp makes the SM7dB compatible with virtually any XLR interface. This custom Low-noise preamp ensures perfect audio every time, from the quietest SMR whisper to the loudest heavy metal screaming.
The podcast pro
There’s a reason many of the world’s leading podcasters rely on this microphone. With its wide frequency response and impressive clarity, it just sounds like a podcast mic should.
The Studio Star
Rap, rock and so much more: great for recording vocals, it can also be used to capture huge guitar tones. full bodied snares or smooth articulate hi-hats.Call or e-mail for more details